Sunday, August 27, 2017

Chickpea-of-the-Sea Salad

I used to love tuna salad served on crackers or a sandwich or even a scoop on a bed of lettuce. I have seen tuna(less) salad recipes by all sorts of names on the web and this is my version. A little of this, a little of that. I pretty much make this the way I used to make tuna salad.
This picture is terrible, trust me on this one, it's amazing!!!!

  • 1 can chickpea, rinsed and drained, pulsed in food processor (see below)
  • 2 celery stalks, chopped small
  • 2 tablespoons dill relish
  • 2 tablespoons sweet relish
  • 1/4 - 1/3 cup chopped onion
  • 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
  • 1 tablespoon Bragg's Liquid Aminos
  • 1/3 cup Just mayo
  • 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
  • 1/2 teaspoon kelp flakes
  • 1/2 teaspoon Old Bay seasoning

Add all ingredients to a medium sized bowl.

Stir well and serve however you would have used tuna salad.
Pulsing those chickpeas:


0 comments:

Post a Comment