|Fiesta Rice on the left, enchilada on right|
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen whole-kernel corn, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup chopped green onion
- 1 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspooon minced garlic
- 2 cups no-chicken chicken broth (I use Better Than Bouillon)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- dash of salt
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomaotes with chiles, undrained
- 1 (15 ou8nce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add corn to pan and cook 10 minutes or until it starts to brown, stirring occasionally. Remove from pan, set aside.
In the same pan, melt butter. Add onions; saute 5 minutes until tender.
Stir in rice, cumin and garlic. Cook 1 minute.
Add broth, pepper, sat and diced tomatoes to pan; bring to a boil Cover and reduce heat, simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; stir in reserved corn and beans. Cover and let stand 10 minutes. Stir in cilantro and juice. Makes about 8 servings.