Sunday, January 11, 2015

Beef & Bean Chile Verde

It's been cold here, yeah, even here in sunny Florida. I decided to have a Mexican feast last week and not only made this soup but I also made a deconstructed enchilada casserole. Both dishes were delicious and this is my take on the Chile Verde I found over at Eating Well. We loved this dish and will be making it again and it is ready in about 30 minutes. 
  • 1 package Gardein beefless ground
  • 1 large red bell pepper, chopped
  • 1 large sweet onion, chopped
  • 6 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 1 tablespoon chili powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, or to taste
  • 1 16-ounce jar green salsa
  • 1/2 cup water
  • 2 cups no-chicken chicken broth 
  • 1 15-ounce can pinto beans, rinsed
  • Garnish: cheese, sour cream, chopped scallions

In a large saucepan add 1/2 cup water, bring to a boil over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion and sweat until veggies are tender.

Add beefless ground, garlic, chili powder, cumin and cayenne; cook until fragrant, about 15 seconds.

Stir in salsa and broth; bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in beans and cook until heated through, about 1 minute.

Garnish with toppings.

Enjoy!!

6 comments:

  1. This sounds like a great recipe! I love chili verde.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks we love it too. In fact I think this dish may be better with 2 jars of chili verde in lieu of the chicken broth. It would add the extra zing. Thank you for stopping by my kitchen!

      Delete
  2. I love one pot meals. They make things so easy! Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by April, my husband loves them too since he does the dishes!!! It is a really yummy dish.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. These are really delicious Adi - let me know if you try it. Thanks for dropping by my kitchen.

      Delete