Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Beef and Bean Stir-Fry

I was catching on my magazine reading the other day and had the Better Homes and Gardens in my hand. I came across this recipe and knew how easy it would  be to make vegan... here's my version. The only things I really did different: a different oil, vegan beef and I used the sauce that came with the Gardein in the original recipe sauce. YUMMY!
  • 2-4 tablespoons coconut oil
  • 1 package Gardein szechuan beefless strips
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 1 teaspoon chopped fresh ginger
  • 2 carrots, thinly diagonally sliced
  • 3 1/2 cups broccoli florets (8 ounces)
  • 6 green onions, cut in long thin strips
  • 1/4 cup orange juice
  • 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
  • 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
  • sauce pack from the Gardein, thawed 
  • 1 15 ounce cancannellini beans
  • cooked rice of your choice 
from the Gardein website, forgot to include in my pic
my ingredients sans the beefless strips


In a large wok heat 1-2 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Cook and stir beef, garlic, and ginger until beef is browned, about 2 to 3 minutes. 

Remove from skillet and set aside. 

Heat remaining oil. Add carrots and broccoli; cook and stir 3 minutes. 

Add green onions; cook 1 minute more.

In a measuring cup add orange juice, soy sauce, crushed red pepper and sauce packet from the Gardein; mix well.

Add cooked beef and beans to the wok; cook until heated through. I added a tablespoon of water and put a lid on the wok so it would steam/stir-fry really fast.

Pour on the sauce and stir well.  

Makes 4 servings.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete