- 1 package Tofurky ground beef style
- 1 package Tofurky Chorizo style
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium Vidalia onion, diced
- 1/2 cup grated vegan cheddar cheese (Daiya or Follow Your Heart is what I usually have on hand)
- 5 soft taco size flour tortillas, cut into 1-1/2" strips
- 1 can Original Ro*Tel
- 2 cans tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon white sugar
- Garnishes: tortilla chips, crumbled on top (I also served whole ones for crunch on the side as we ate), pickled jalapeno slices, Topffuti sour cream, sliced green onions
In a non-stick skillet, over medium heat, add oil and onion and saute for 5-6 minutes, or until onion is translucent.
Add ground beef, chorizo, chili powder, cumin, sugar, rotel, tomato sauce, cheese and tortilla strips to skillet and combine.
Simmer for 5-6 minutes, or until mixture has thickened and heated through. Just before serving, crumble corn chips over the top, and add whatever garnishes you choose (see above).
This was comfort food!!!! Enjoy!