Saturday, May 18, 2013

Garlic & Rosemary Hummus

I like to mix up my beans when making hummus to get that smooth silky texture. I made this last week and everyone at work had it polished off in one day!!!! To me, that's a win!

  • 1 can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
  • 5 cloves garlic, quartered
  • 2 tablespoons olive oil
  • 2 tablespoons tahini
  • 1 tablespoon rosemary (and a small sprig for garnish - I didn't have leftover)
  • 2 tablespoons lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
  • 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
 
Combine all ingredients in a food processor and blend until smooth (I added about 1/4 cups water since my hummus was so thick).

Drizzle with extra olive oil and/or lemon juice before serving. Serve with celery sticks, crackers, sliced carrots, pita chips, etc. You can also use this in place of mayo in a sandwich or wrap.
Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Shauna,
    Thanks for dropping by and for checking out the recipe. I'm heading on over to look at the Best Blog Recipes and enter the drawing.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Gloria

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love humus... it sounds wonderful! Thank you so much for coming to share at Super Saturday Show & Tell! I'd love to have you come and share again today http://www.whatscookingwithruthie.com Have a great weekend! xoxo~ Ruthie

    ReplyDelete