Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Oven Baked Fries and Gardein Burgers

I love fries, but we try not to eat fried food. Store bought fries are delicious but so full of oil and other ingredients and they take 20 or so minutes to cook. I've started baking my fries in a 450 oven for 10 minutes, flip and do another 10. Bam, they are delicious. Here's how I do it:
  • 3 red potatoes (or russets - I normally use 1 potato per person)
  • 1 tablespoon cooking oil (I used canola)
  • Salt & Pepper (you could also add Ms. Dash, Montreal Steak Seasoning, whatever you like)

Preheat oven to 450. Wash and dry potatoes. Cut into fries (I like mine kind of thick). Toss into a bowl or large baggie.

Add oil, salt and pepper (or whatever seasonings you are using.)

Toss well and dump into a cookie sheet.

Roast about 10 minutes, stir and put back in oven for another 10 minutes.

While the potatoes are finishing, get out your Gardein Burgers.

I coated a non-stick skillet with spray and cooked about 4 minutes or so on each side.


While these are cooking get out your buns and condiments, veggies, etc. I am pretty much a traditionalist when it comes to burgers: lettuce, tomato, pickle, onion, ketchup, mayo (veganaise) and mustard.

Once your burgers are done put those on the waiting buns.

Get the fries out of the oven and make you a plate.

This was a pretty quick and delicious dinner. I LOVE Gardein burgers, they are the best out there IMHO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment