Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hot Curried Beef

Well if you visit this blog you know I love hot food and I don't have a good Indian restaurant anywhere near by. I got the idea to use this brand of curry paste from watching Artie's Party on the Food Network. I have to say, we like it. This is my vegan version of the recipe on the back of the jar.
  • 1 medium onion, large dice
  • 2 tablespoons canola oil
  • 1 package Gardein Beefless Tips, slightly thawed and sliced in half
  • 4 tablespoons Patak's Hot Curry Paste
  • 1 can fire-roasted tomatoes
  • 1/2 cup water
  • Hot, cooked rice

Saute onion in oil.

Add beef and slightly brown.

Stir in curry paste, cook for about 1 minute to mix well.

Add tomatoes with their juice and water.

Simmer until desired consistency, about 10 minutes with no lid. You don't want it too soupy but since it's going over that rice it doesn't need to be too thick. Serve over hot rice.
Enjoy!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment