- 2 teaspoons Smart Balance nondairy butter
- 1 vidalia onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 8-ounce baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 package Gardein Beefless Beef Tips, sliced (about 4 slices per piece)
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/3 cup red wine (I used Pinot Noir since that is what I like to drink)
- 2 cups water
- 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup Toffuti Sour Cream
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- wide noodles
Set the Gardein out on the counter so it can slightly thaw while you get everything else ready. Bring your pasta water to a boil and cook noodles according to package directions. Rinse cooked noodles with warm water and add a little oil or butter so they don't clump together.
In a large nonstick skillet, melt the butter. Add the onions and saute for 6 minutes, until they are soft and lightly brown.
Add the mushrooms and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes until mushrooms are cooked. Stir frequently to keep it all moving so it doesn't stick.
Add Gardein, paprika and thyme. Saute for several minutes, stirring occasionally. I like to get a little brown, crusty on my Gardein.
Stir in the flour so that it is mixed in well and cook for about a minute.
Add the red wine and stir for a minute.
Next add the water, bouillon cube and the Worcestershire. Stir well.
Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for about 10-15 minutes (until it thickens). Stir frequently so it doesn't stick.
Add the sour cream and parsley and cook for another minute to heat all the way through. Add pepper and salt as needed.
Serve stroganoff over noodles. Enjoy!