Friday, May 25, 2012

Chocolate Water Cake

I found this cake online at: RavieNomNoms and even though we don't eat a lot of sweets I do love me some chocolate. I decided to give this one a try and here is my vegan version. Once this cake cooks it needs to cool for a bit. As it cools it develops a nice gooey pudding like mixture on the bottom and the cake rises to the top. I flipped it over onto the plate as I served it so the pudding like stuff was on top. It's delicious!
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour
  • 3/4 cup white sugar
  • 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
  • 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 1 3/4 cups hot water

In a medium bowl, combine flour, white sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt.

Stir in the milk, oil, and vanilla and mix with a spoon until smooth.

Spread the batter in an ungreased 9 inch square baking pan.

Combine brown sugar and 4 tablespoons cocoa.

Sprinkle this mixture over batter in the pan.

Pour hot water over all; do not stir.

Bake at 350 degrees F for 40 minutes.

Serve warm.
Enjoy!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment