Saturday, January 21, 2012

Hot & Spicy Refried Bean Dip

I found this recipe online courtesy of Paul Dean - I made it vegan, left out the spice rub, only made a half of the recipe and serve it with my home canned pickled jalapenos. Yummy! Great snack and football food. Here is my version.

1 can (15 oz) of Refried black beans
1 cup Diaya Cheddar Cheese
1 1/2 tablespoons Frank's Hot Sauce
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
Tortilla Chips

In a saucepan over medium-low heat, combine beans, cheese, hot sauce, cumin, and cilantro.

Heat until cheese has melted. Pour into a serving dish. I choose a dish that could go in the microwave so it could be reheated easily. Serve warm alongside tortilla chips and jalapeno slices.

1 comment:

  1. So Sorry to leave this in a comment but I can't find your contact information but I have good news!

    The person who won the VegNews Subscription contest on our blog Meet The Shannons received a subscription for Christmas - so they have given their prize to the runner-up - YOU!

    YAY! Congratulations!

    Just email me your address (to shannons@meettheshannons.net) and I'll get your info to VegNews ASAP.

    Thanks so much for supporting our little project! It really means a lot to us. Annie Shannon

    ReplyDelete