Friday, August 26, 2011

Polenta Primavera

This is a great way to use some fresh produce. Since this dish cooks fast be sure to prep all of your veggies before you get started. I think I liked the left overs even better, it seems like their flavors really became richer with an overnight stay in the frig.

1 tube polenta, cut into 1/2-inch slices
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 small red onion, cut into thin wedges
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 pound green beans, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
1 medium red bell pepper, coarsely chopped
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 small yellow squash, cut in 1/4-inch slices (bigger circles cut into 1/2 moons)
1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup Diaya mozzarella cheese shreds
Yes, I know this is not my normal pic of the ingredients listed above. But my precious granddaughter was naming all of the veggies and the ones she couldn't identify I was helping her learn. So, I forgot to take a pic of the produce.  Instead of a pic of all the beautiful produce on the counter you get a pic of my beautiful princess!!
Cook polenta as directed on package. Set aside.

Heat oil in non-stick skillet and cook onion and garlic for 3-5 minutes.

Stir in green beans and bell pepper; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook 8-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until beans are crisp tender.

Stir in mushrooms, squash, fennel seeds and salt.  Cover nad cook 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until squash is crisp-tender.

Serve vegetables with polenta. Sprinkle with cheese.


0 comments:

Post a Comment