Monday, June 6, 2011

Stuffed Jalapenos

lOur jalapeno plants are doing great. Here is a  basket of peppers I picked on Saturday.

I pickled 4 jars of peppers to go with Mexican dishes (we actually eat them on everything!) Then, I decided to put a tray of them on the grill. We love stuffed peppers. I didn't get step by step photos but TRUST me, you want to make these.
  • jalapenos (the number needed will depend on size)
  • 1 container Toffuti Cream Cheese, softened
  • 1/2 cup Diaya cheddar cheese shreds
  • maybe a dash of garlic powder and/or onion powder
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
Mix everything EXCEPT for the jalapenos in a bowl until mixed well. Spoon into a sandwich bag, snip the corner off one end so you have a piping bag.

Be sure to wear gloves when messing around with hot peppers. Cut the jalapenos in half lengthwise. Remove seeds and membranes.

I put my peppers on a wire rack and place that rack on the grill so I can add and remove all of them at once.

Cook on grill (medium heat) until the cheese starts to bubble and the peppers soften. I cooked mine for about 8 minutes total. Remove rack from grill and let cool slightly. (You have to be patient because you want to dive right in.)

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment