Thursday, March 31, 2011

Baked Potato Soup

Sorry I've been gone for so long.... lots of stuff going on, BUT I'm so excited to be back. Look for an opportunity to win a copy of Lindsay's Happy Herbivore Cookbook VERY soon.  I actually made this in my absence and just haven't had the opportunity to post it. This was a Weight Watcher Recipe that I turned vegan and the addition of the cauliflower cuts back on all the starch from the potatoes. Enjoy and look for me twice a week again.
  • 2 russet potatoes, washed and dried
  • 1 small head of cauliflower, stem removed cut into florets
  • 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
  • 1 1/2 cups soy milk
  • salt and freshly cracked black pepper
  • 1/2 cup Toffuti sour cream
  • 1/2 cup Daiya cheddar cheese
  • 1/4 cup finely diced onion
  • 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled (I used Smart Life)

Pierce potatoes with a fork; microwave on high for 5 minutes turn over and microwave another 3 - 5 minutes, until tender. (Your time may vary depending on your microwave oven). Or if you prefer to use your oven, bake at 400° for 1 hour or until tender. Cool. Peel potatoes.

Meanwhile, steam cauliflower with water in a large covered pot until tender. Or use a cool old Tupperware steamer like I have :-)

Drain and add to a pot. On medium heat, add veggie broth, milk, potatoes and bring to a boil.

Use an immersion blender to puree until smooth. Add sour cream, half the chives, salt and pepper and cook on low another 5-10 minutes, stirring occasionally.

Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment