- 1 package extra firm tofu
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Bragg's
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoons crushed red pepper (depending on how spicy you like! you can add more or less)
- 3 - 4 cups favorite stir fry veggies - I used broccoli, water chestnuts, bell peppers, sweet onion & carrots
- 1 tablespoon spicy chili and garlic sauce (again depending on how spicy you like!)
In a small bowl blend peanut butter, water, Bragg's, lemon juice and brown sugar. (tip, I heat the peanut butter in the microwave prior to adding other ingredients to "liquefy" the peanut butter. It blends much easier that way) - I forgot to take a picture of the sauce :-(
Cut the tofu into thin strips length wise and then into thirds width wise. Coat with half of the peanut sauce and let marinate while you chop all the veggies.
In a large skillet or wok heat the oil over high heat. Add the garlic and crushed red pepper, stir fry 30 seconds. Add the marinated tofu being sure to include all of the marinade (a lot of it will be absorbed by the tofu).
Put a skin on the tofu (about 5-10 minutes each side).
Stir fry until they just begin to soften but are still a little crunchy (about 5 minutes. Stir in the other 1/2 of reserve peanut sauce and chili sauce until sauce is smooth. (about 3-5 minutes)
Serve and enjoy! Delicious!!!